Welcome to Cheshire's Lights of Hope
"This year's November 14, 2020 annual event is an opportunity to pause for a moment and reflect on our work over the past 16 years and celebrate our collective achievements as a community," said Don Walsh. "What started as a small neighborhood gathering has expanded beyond our expectations every year. We're grateful for our generous volunteers, our sponsors, and the community who comes together to celebrate and advance our mission."
The afternoon ceremony on the First Congregational Church Green was adapted to accommodate COVID-19 protocols and closed to the public. Don Walsh and Jenifer Walsh proudly announced the increase in donations and sales of luminary kits allowed the nonprofit to increase grants and award:
- $14,500 to the Cheshire Community Food Pantry
- $14,500 to Cheshire Youth and Family Services
- $8,500 to the Petit Family Foundation
- $2,000 to the Cheshire Food Drive
- $1,000 grant to the Cheshire YMCA a $1,000 grant
- Plus $2,000 each for scholarships for two volunteer-oriented high school seniors
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Please subscribe for updates on exciting events taking place!
Share Your Photos and Videos
To allow others to experience what a community can do in support of neighbors helping neighbors, we ask that you please share your photos and videos on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube social media channels accessible in the footer of our site, or you can also email them to us.