Save The Date - Next Luminary Event November 9, 2019!
2019 CLoH Scholarship Applications Due March 14, 2019
Please subscribe to our general enews for updates on exciting events taking place!
Our 14th year and for the first time ever, we SOLD OUT of Luminaries! We raised over $915,000 to date!
This year, we raised $75,000 and increased our donations to the Cheshire Community Food Pantry, Cheshire Youth and Social Services Department, The Petit Family Foundation, and earmarked funds for our two 2019 Scholarship winners.
Congratulations to Jonathan Mercugliano and Jessica Curello, Cheshire High School class of 2018 graduates, who each received a $2,000 scholarship for their commitment to volunteerism and service to the community.
On behalf of the entire Cheshire’s Lights of Hope committee, thank you to:
- All the residents and businesses who purchased luminaries or helped organize the event.
- Joe & Robin Whitright and the entire staff of Paws Pet Resort & Spa.
- Special thanks to the Cheshire First Congregational Church for making us feel at home and allowing us to use their beautiful green to promote our event and have our Drive Thru Luminary Sales station.
- Pat and Terry Bowman and the entire staff at R.W. Hine ACE Hardware.
- Thank you to the Cheshire Academy Soccer team for helping us set up our volunteer center.
- Thank you to Coach Don Drust and the CHS Football Team for cleaning up the Mile of Hope.
- The friends and sponsors of Cheshire’s Lights of Hope listed below who donated funds, time, talent, goods and services to light up Cheshire and, particularly, the Mile of Hope on Route 10.
Congratulations to the Recipients of the Shining Star Award:
GOLD - Over 1,000 Luminaries Sold: Cheshire Academy–Debra Bond & Kathleen Minahan St. Bridget of Sweden Parish–Jim & Marie Jinks, Bruce & Nancy Humiston
SILVER - 500 Luminaries Sold: First Congregational Church - Beth Barnes
Sorghum Mill Rd. - Tamara Epstein
Share Your Photos and Videos
To allow others to experience what a community can do in support of neighbors helping neighbors, we ask that you please share your photos and videos on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube social media channels, or email them to us.